Monday, May 27, 2019

Mountain Laurel





Just like that, the mountain laurel have arrived and are leaving the building, dropping petals on the forest floor as we speak. I missed the local peak of the bloom this year, thinking I still had a few more days. I noticed on Saturday morning that the plants didn't seem to bloom as much this season, at least in the place I like to go visit them. Some plants were full of blooms as you can see in the pictures, but other plants that were full of blooms last year hardly had any this time around. I guess it depends on the year. Get out there and enjoy them while you still can!

1 comment:

  1. For the first time in many years I missed the mountain laurel show. Somehow I managed to be nowhere near a patch of mountain laurel and by the time I did go hiking the laurel were all gone and the rhododendron were in bloom. How did that happen? How in Jove's name did I manage that?! I hope not to repeat it. Since I was a kid I have watched the three heath laurels show me explosions of color and beauty, in an orderly fashion: flame azalea, mountain laurel, rhododendron. And for the first time since I was a teen I blinked and missed a section of the performance.

    ReplyDelete