Sunday, November 6, 2022

Fall

 






Man, it's been too long since I posted last. Truth of the matter is, I haven't been out and about hiking and exploring much at all this year. The hiking I have been doing has been very localized and usually a weekend morning just to get a little exercise. I'm definitely in a lull at the moment, but also realize that it's just a different chapter, and things can change.

Speaking of change, it's been a wonderful fall this year. Colors were dampened at first and then suddenly took off. We had a couple days the last two weeks that were among the finest I have ever experienced in Maryland. One occurred when leaves were at their peak. A weather system brought in the cleanest, crystal blue skies I have ever seen around here, and it happened on a weekend. It was God's gift to outdoor lovers in Maryland and I think most of us took advantage of it. I took a forest walk that was among the nicest I have taken in some time. 

At the moment, trees are shedding leaves fast. Day light savings time is over, and early dark nights will once again be upon us. Cold air will return and we will retreat to our warm, cozy places. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice color! I did a few October trips to southwestern Utah for fall foliage. Need to post those, still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Skyhiker. Hope all is well, glad you are still out there posting, hiking, and exploring...

    ReplyDelete