Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Skunk Trail (Friday Night)

Spillz arrived at my place Friday night around 9:00pm. We still had to drop one of the cars off in Ft. Bragg, a 3 hour round trip. My thought was to drop one of the vehicles off, and then spend the night in Ukiah, and begin our trip early the next morning. Spillz suggested spending the night by the trail. Of course, it's not really a trail, it's a train station. Spillz suggested spending the night somewhere in Ft. Bragg, and then driving to Willits the next morning and getting started. Sounded good to me, so I got into my car, and Spillz got into hers, and we drove an hour and a half to Ft. Bragg. We dropped Spillz' s car off in front of the Ft. Bragg library and then decided to look for a place to stealth camp. I had a couple places in mind, but parking the car might be an issue. It turned out not to be a problem at all. We parked near the Glass Beach trail head, grabbed our packs and headed for the bluffs for a night of stealth camping. The sky was surprisingly clear, and we found a spot right near the edge of the bluffs. The tide was high and waves were pounding just below us. Both of us were exhausted from driving all day so we immediately fell asleep. I woke up numerous times in the middle of the night mostly due to pre hike excitement, and also I was a little worried about the amount of condensation that was beginning to appear on the outside of my sleeping bag. Anyhow, I woke up around 6:30am and Spillz was already drinking her morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment