Friday, February 14, 2014

Humboldt Redwoods State Park: Albino Redwood

I found a redwood albino yesterday while walking through Humboldt Redwoods State Park. It's the first one I have found in quite some time and I almost walked right past it. It's also the first one I have seen that is growing in, what looks like, it's own independent spot, away from the base of a tree.

Reports online suggest that HRSP has six albino redwoods growing in the park. This is the sixth one I have found personally in the park, so I'm guessing there are probably at least ten. There is so much ground I have yet to cover, and once again, they can easily be missed.

We have been getting lots of rain around here the last couple of weeks, which is good news. Hopefully the rain keeps coming to make up for the almost rain-less December and January.

No comments:

Post a Comment