Friday, July 29, 2016

Northern California: Road Trip 2016

Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge

Vineyards in Napa Valley

Walking in Arcata

Arcata Used Tires and Wheels did a superb job patching the tire on my parents car, offering great advice, fast work, and very, very affordable.

After finding a nail in the tire and low air pressure, my parents have the tire patched at Arcata Used Tires and Wheels


My parents bought a bottle of wine from St. Clements Winery. They graciously sold us a bottle 30 minutes after closing time.

Golden hills in Calistoga, CA


Some delicious seafood at the Fisherman's Restaurant in Crescent City, CA

Laid eyes on the redwoods of Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park for the first time. Unfortunately, only caught a glimpse from the road. Further exploration will have to wait for another time.

View towards Alcatraz



I showed my parents one of my favorite groves in Humboldt Redwoods State Park


Free Spirit unloads some fish in Crescent City



My parents and I made good time through Northern California. We were able to spend an afternoon in Napa Valley, a short time in Humboldt Redwoods State Park, and an evening in Arcata and Crescent City. We stopped in Arcata where I had a storage unit filled with my belongings, packed up a 5x8 U-Haul trailer, patched a rear tire that picked up a nail, and said goodbye to a few Arcata friends I made while living there last year. It felt great to be back, bittersweet to say goodbye. Part of me didn't want to linger too long, as it would increase the pain of having to say goodbye to one of my favorite places I've ever lived! Maybe sometime in the future I will be able to spend quality time with the redwoods again, maybe not. Still very grateful for my time in those forests...

No comments:

Post a Comment