Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Summertime Photos: Part 2
















At the end of July I was fortunate to secure a last second campsite at Assateague  Island State Park. I was curious to see how it would be in the summer since I've been there during the other three seasons. Personally, it wasn't my favorite time of year as crowds were tremendous. Ticks were bad too. Nonetheless, I was glad I went. I also stopped by Pocomoke State Park and camped there for the night. I really enjoyed looking at the old cypress swamps along the river. The park was well maintained, and hardly anybody was there. I enjoyed the quiet and rode my bike around the park several times. Before returning home, I stopped by the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge south of Cambridge. Again, I rode my bike around a bit and marveled at the wetlands and bald eagles. Would love to bring a kayak down there some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment