Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thanks Michael!

Thanks for the Crocs Michael! This is one of the greatest luxury items on the trail in my opinion: some camp shoes. When I hiked the Long Trail, I skipped out on having camp shoes because I thought it was unnecessary. I can't tell you how many times I cursed myself for that decision. At the end of a long day of hiking, there is nothing better than taking off the boots and giving sore feet some air and a rest. When nature calls in the middle of the night, there is nothing more gratifying than knowing there is a pair of slippers waiting to be worn. I used to just wear socks and more often than not, I'd step into a puddle or a dew filled patch of grass while half asleep. If I went barefoot, I'd always step on some pointy rock or stick and stab my already aching feet. Best of all, they are lightweight.

1 comment: