Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mendocino






























I took a walk along the bluffs outside the town of Mendocino for the first time yesterday evening. It was a very pleasant walk, temperatures were nice. Lots of flowers and ocean. There were many people out and about, the town was packed with cars. Made me wonder if the town will be able to hold onto its charm in the decades to come. I saw a sea lion scratching its back while laid out on a rock ledge. He was the only one there, and he could not stop scratching himself. Reminded me of a cat or a dog with fleas. I was planning on camping out last night but a two hour Bob Dylan special was playing on the radio and it provided an excellent soundtrack for the drive home. I was able to catch the sunset from one of the higher points along the 20 as well, just before Willits.

No comments:

Post a Comment