Saturday, May 28, 2011

Point Arena

It was a surprisingly nice day on the coast yesterday. Usually when it's cloudy inland, it's cloudy on the coast. Not this time, Once I reached the Pacific in my car, the skies opened up and blue skies and warm temperatures prevailed.

I took a hike along the bluffs in Point Arena near the lighthouse.

There was a lot of noise near the bluffs. It almost sounded like people yelling. I kept looking for signs of humans but did not see any.

As the yelling progressed, I continued walking and wondered what the people were so fired up about.

There were a few new wildflowers growing in the grass.



Eventually, I started to feel extremely hungry so I decided to turn around.


I never did find out what was making all that noise down below. There were a bunch of sea lions basking in the sun, and I think they may have been the culprits. Anyhow, it felt real good to get out and stretch the legs. On a side note, there were several bicyclists on the Pacific Coast Highway. May is bicycle month and there are many folks touring the western coastline this time of year it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment