Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bull Creek Giant

Bull Creek Giant
I finally came across the Bull Creek Giant yesterday. It's the 10th Largest Coast Redwood with a height of 337 feet, 22.3 foot diameter, and 31,144 cubic feet wood volume. It's also the largest tree in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. I knew it was out there, but my progress has been so slow do to the amount of enormous trees in the area. It felt great to finally see it in person. I thought there was a chance that somehow I had missed it. You'd be surprised how easy it is to miss a giant tree lurking in a redwood forest. I felt extremely blessed to be able to spend another day exploring this amazing place...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,
    I tried searching for it last December around south upper bull creek trail but no luck. How did you find it?

    ReplyDelete