Friday, January 23, 2015

This Week in Humboldt Redwoods State Park


Mattole Road, Avenue of the Giants, Highway 101 intersection.

Unique bark pattern
Ferns and redwoods
Confusion Hill?
Higher elevation redwood trail

Another week has come and gone. Roughly 5 more months until the Appalachian Trail. I'm trying to take advantage as much as I can this once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time in Humboldt Redwoods State Park before and after work. This week I visited a few spots I've been before, and also hiked a higher elevation trail that I had not done yet. Once again, I want to emphasize how nice some of these higher elevation trails are. Yes, the redwoods are smaller, but the mixed forest is beautiful, brighter, and smells different. There also always seems to be these secret little redwood groves on a random flats or near hillside streams as well...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Skyhiker, it's nice to have a camera that finally captures more of what I'm seeing out there...

    ReplyDelete