Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Walkin'



I took a walk after work yesterday in Ft. Bragg, it was nice to get out and stretch the legs a bit. I've been thinking about starting a running routine lately, since I'm not getting the regular exercise I was able to get hiking in LA. (Imagine that!) I also seem to be approaching food differently since finishing the trail. I still want to eat, eat, eat. I have a stove! I have an oven! Imagine what I could have cooked after finishing a long day of hiking on the PCT! It's probably an unhealthy condition, so I will have to compensate by getting good, regular exercise. Now, I just need to determine a start date...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think the reason why hiking could potentially help me lose weight is less the physical activity and more the fact that it gets me out of the house and away from the refrigerator and pantry!

    I think I loss about ten pounds early in my hiking adventure last year, but pretty much gained it all back more recently. The problem is, I'm always HUNGRY! That's because our bodies don't like to change weight. If they're short on calories for a day, it tells you to eat until you make up the difference.

    ReplyDelete