Monday, August 20, 2018

A Few Final Thoughts From Glacier

After Camo and I finished our hike, we had an extra day (that actually turned into two when we learned Amtrak was running 8 hours late). I spent part of that day looking for my lost camera that was lying somewhere on the southbound section of the CDT in the first mile and a half from East Glacier. During that time looking for the camera, I experienced three bear sightings, the only bears I saw during the trip.

As I mentioned, when it came time to leave, my train was running 8 hours behind, so Camo and I had another day in Glacier where we spent it mostly lounging around the East Glacier Lodge. I missed my connecting train in Chicago once again and spent the night one more time at the Swiss Hotel, and the following morning enjoyed lounging and slowly walking along the River Walk. Camo had taken a train/plane combo and was already at day two of work by the time my train finally pulled into Union Station in DC. Despite the delays, I would consider taking the train again. It's an endurance test, but there are times when it's fun. As for Glacier, I definitely hope to be back again someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment